About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sister/Rejuvenation Weekend!


Last weekend I had the pleasure of going on a girls' getaway with my sister. We headed up to Grandview Lodge in Nisswa, MN - one of our favorite places to visit in MN since we were little kids.

Here's a quick recap of our fun and relaxing weekend: we hit the gym for a workout before we officially hit the road on Friday. Stopped for a late lunch on the way. Checked in to our cozy golf-course villa which had a gigantic jacuzzi tub, a fireplace and two large and comfy beds! Friday we ended up staying in to read magazines and watch a movie by the fireplace. After breakfast on Saturday we hit the golf course for some snowshoeing, which was really pretty and peaceful, not to mention a decent workout! We then headed to the spa for massages- ahhhh, heaven! We stayed at the spa for a while just hanging out by the fireplace and taking our time to get ready. Saturday night we went to happy hour at one bar on the lake and then hit another favorite lake spot for dinner. Of course, we were back to our villa by about 10pm for another good night's rest. My how things have changed when you are tired mom's! :) Sunday we did some shopping and headed home in the afternoon.

It sure was a nice relaxing weekend and I felt very refreshed when I came home. It was great bonding with my sister, no interruptions, no schedules, no responsibilities. I highly recommend Grandview for a getaway any time of year. Obviously in the summer there's a ton to do lakeside, but in the winter there are lots of things to choose from as well. It was my only vacation this winter, so the spa and snowshoeing was a nice addition to a MN winter getaway.

Every mom needs a nice getaway like that w/ girlfriends or sisters! Here's hoping this is a new tradition!

No comments: