About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January Pinterest Picks!

Now that the holidays are over and it's chilly out (hello sub zero temps), I have spent some time on Pinterest. Not only looking around and "pinning" favorites but also implementing a few good finds. It's so easy to "pin", but we need a little motivation to actually refer back to our favorites and give them a try. January in Minnesota is a great time to try new recipes, or do-it-yourself tricks around the house.

Many people are on Pinterest, but just don't have time to use it. Or some people "pin" things to their boards but don't have time to go back in and actually do anything with them. Or some people may be too intimidated by Pinterest and have no idea how it works so they just stay away. Well, each month I will pick my top 3-5 favorite Pinterest picks and will post them here. They will all be things that I have tried on my own and like. I figure it might save others the time, and it also forces me to go in and check-off some on my list.

Here are my picks for January:

1. Magic Shower Cleaner
Instructions: Keep one in the shower filled with a mixture of half vinegar and half Dawn dish soap. Use it to wipe down the shower while you are in there and your shower will always be clean.

Keep one in the shower filled with a mixture of half vinegar and half Dawn dishsoap. Use it to wipe down the shower while you are in there and your shower will always be clean.     I keep hearing that this is the magic formula!
My comments: This is amazing. I saved this on my Pin board, but hadn't done it until my sister said how awesome it was. The next day I had to try it. It took away any hard water stains in our shower. This is one of those, "I wish I knew about this a long time ago" tricks that you come across. I keep it in the shower and do a quick swipe each time I am done showering.
 
2. Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken/Porkchops
Instructions: 4 - 6 chicken breasts, Hawaiian style BBQ sauce, can of crushed pineapple into a slow cooker for 6 hours on low.
 
Pinned Image
My comments: I am always looking for something different to cook in the crockpot. I used porkchops instead of chicken. This was so easy, and yummy. I love anything that takes only 3 ingredients, easy to remember at the grocery store!
 
3.   Baked Ravioli
Instructions: Heat oven to 400°F. Spray bottom and sides of a 9×13 rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 3/4 cup of the pasta sauce in baking dish. Arrange half of the frozen ravioli in a single layer over the sauce; top with half of the remaining pasta sauce and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once, starting with ravioli. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes longer or until bubbly and hot in the center. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
 
Baked Ravioli - a regular in my weeknight dinner rotation. So good. And literally took us 3 minutes to put together. This recipe rocks.

My comments: This was another easy recipe. I don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen with two little kids running around while I am trying to prep. I am not a huge pasta fan, but I like it once in a while and ravioli is probably my favorite pasta dish. This even felt like lasagna with the layers.

Gotta get my Pinterest fill before the weather is nice again and I put it away for a few months. :)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: