About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome to 2013

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season with your families and friends. Our 2012 Christmas was great. We were in Wisconsin for a couple of days. We got to spend quality time with the Hammond side. We returned mid-week and had some down time as a family while Joe was off work. We then celebrated with some of the Sullivan's over the post-Christmas weekend. For New Year's Eve, a few friends and their kids came over...so what week of celebrations and fun. The boys just loved being a part of all the action and being surrounded with people! The fun doesn't stop just yet, as this coming weekend we celebrate with both of our college pals.

So along with the new year, we all get asked if we have any resolutions. I like to think of them not as resolutions, but as goals for the year. Some of mine include: eating more veggies and fish, taking vitamins, having more date nights, doing a few house projects, a few fitness and personal goals, more family adventures and travel and more dancing. What?? Yes, I said dancing. I believe it does so many good things to have more dancing in your life. I am glad the boys think so too. Today was their first (non-forced) dance together, totally initiated by Braden. Oh, and when they got dizzy and hit the cabinets at the end nobody got hurt but I had to stop the camera quick to make sure. ;)


Here's to more dancing in 2013 for everyone. It's good for your body and soul. What other goals do you have for 2013? I always focus on things I want to get done, or to better me as a person- not change me. Anything that focuses on family, health and happiness are always good goals. I wish I could make a more peaceful world to live in, but for now I will focus on the things that I can do to make the Hammonds happier and staying healthy in 2013!

No comments: