About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Liam: 17 months

 
Before haircut!
 
During haircut!
 
Liam's 17 month milestone has come and passed! It seems as though this month he has taken a big leap in his development. Liam is saying a lot more words lately. Newly added to his vocabulary is: stuck, Bray (for Braden), puppy, teddy, hot, up, hi, bye, mine (this one I love! not), bath, Jate (for neighbor Jake), and dip (which he uses for Ketchup, ranch, hummus). We also still have his famous words of ball, Mommy, Daddy, no, apple, and bubble. He loves to look at books now and make animal sounds. He and Braden spend a lot of time running around the house, racing each other and chasing each other. It's a ton of fun to watch. They giggle, and of course they fight over toys but we are trying to learn to share and take turns. As all parents know, that is a constant battle!

Per the picture above, Liam got his first haircut at 17 months! I figured he would wiggle the entire time or maybe cry, but the little guy just sat as still as can be and did not move an inch. He was so proud when he was done and got to pick out a sucker just like big brother. Oh what fun it was to watch his big brown eyes stare intently as he got his first "real" haircut.

Liam understands soooo much now. I ask him questions and he will tell me yes or no. He will go wherever I tell him to go- upstairs, downstairs, to the kitchen for a meal, and upstairs for bedtime. He is a funny little man. His deep belly laugh makes us smile ear-to-ear. Liam is a thrill-seeker, he loves anything that involves bouncing, jumping or being tossed up in the air. He continues to do everything that big brother does such as coloring, jumping on the bed, throwing footballs and running. We have gone to the Children's Museum a few times this winter and it's super fun to watch Liam run around and play. Our other favorite place to go in the winter is Skyzone, and although he doesn't do a ton of jumping alone, he runs around and tries to catch me on the trampolines and loves when I bounce him high while we hold hands.

Liam is a smiley, sweet boy with a ton of spunk. He is still consistent in his moods- either so happy or gets very mad at the drop of a hat. He expresses his anger with tears, laying on the floor, yelling "no" or sometimes swatting me. Something I am working on is explaining to him that we can express our anger in other ways, but yeah, I'm sure that will be a work in progress for a long time. :) It's so fun to watch Liam grow and grow and get to be able to do more things. He gets excited too when he learns a new trick or gets to do big boy stuff. He likes to carry his little puppy and teddy everywhere he goes. The other week, he threw his puppy in a pond inside Central Park. That was funny, but it ende well as a worker got him back for us.

He goes down to bed soooooo good- he loves his sleep (like Mom). He just lays down and smiles when you put him in his crib. I remember last year when I asked myself if he would ever sleep! He takes a 2 to 2.5 hour nap, and then also sleeps from about 7:45/8 to about 7am. Liam is our big eater, always hungry and always signing for "more". He is my low-blood sugar guy. He can't go 3 hours without eating so I have learned to carry snacks with me at all times! Again, simular to Mom as I carry snacks for myself too, ha! He is a fast guy, running the opposite way as I want him to sometimes as he giggles and thinks it's a game. Liam loves to dance, play ball (still) and do anything outside!

I still can't believe how fast this guy is growing! Liam keeps us on our toes, he is a quick learner by following Braden on everything and is such a joy to be around!
.

No comments: