About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Turkey Day 2012





We had a great Thanksgiving! I hope you all did too!

It started out as a 60 degree day so as soon as breakfast was over, we took a jog outside as a family. After everyone was showered and dressed, we packed up and headed an hour north into Wisconsin to my brother's cabin. The day was filled with sunshine, cousins playing, fantastic company and food and some great family pictures outside. We got out to play a little football for a few minutes and bam, the wind picked up and the temperature dropped about 25 degrees. Once it got dark, the rain started and it turned to snow. Pretty soon everyone was packing up and heading out to make sure we got home OK in the weather. It was a slower trip home, but we made it. The boys were tired from a fun day of playing and no naps, but stayed awake the entire ride home...except for Liam who crashed about 10 minutes from home. It was nice to be back home that night to get a few things done. Joe actually braved it and for the first time, did some Black Friday shopping. He got a bunch of things on our list, but said he would never brave those crazy crowds again. It was a bit chilly to wait in line outside too- brrrrr!

We had all weekend to get our Christmas decor up and I did tons of cleaning, re-organizing and completed some projects around the house that needed to be done. With the chillier weather that took over, it was a perfect weekend to stay bundled inside and check things off the to-do list. I taught some classes as well, so it was fun to see people at the Y working off some of that holiday indulgence. Everyone was ready to work hard.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I feel very fortunate to be able to see my family for the holidays, unlike families who can't travel or have someone in the military who they don't get to see. Although we rotate holidays- this year is Thanksgiving with my family and Christmas with Joe's family, both sides are still close enough to get to see throughout the year. I pray for all of those that spent their first holiday without a loved one, or for those that are sick and spent the holiday in the hospital. I am thankful for good health in our family and pray that continues!

No comments: