About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Life With Two

I often get asked, "How is life with two?" My current response is, "it's interesting" which evokes strange looks from people. I am just not sure how else to describe my life right now. I would not describe it as anything negative - I mean I have two wonderful and healthy boys and feel very blessed. I wouldn't say it's easy and stress-free either though. AND I most definitely wouldn't say it's a vacation- ha! For all you Moms who have been through this before, I have hit that stage where you say, "Holy *#$!". I am busier than ever. I am tired, or rather exhausted on a daily basis. I feel like I have 10 arms and need 10 more. I have NEVER multi-tasked this much. I never knew that I could! I wish I could be in two places at once. I wish I had time for myself (to shower in peace or read a magazine) or to do things around the house. I have to spend most of my days caffeine induced just to get through it. I have now become ONE of those moms who people feel sorry for in public. You may see me wheeling a huge stroller through a skinny hallway with a screaming baby riding in it, while holding onto 3 bags, AND holding the hand of a crying toddler because he wants to stop and get a drink from the drinking fountain and I don't have free hands to hold him up. Yikes. Sounds glamorous huh? :) No, it might not sound glamorous. I might wear spit-up on my clothes or not have time to take a shower until before I go to bed. I may have dried and cracked hands from changing too many diapers. But it's my life right now. It's my new normal. It might be insane most days, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. These boys are worth it. I will look back at this stage and hopefully laugh about the sleep deprivation and double diaper duty days. HOPEFULLY is the key here folks! :) Sure, this stage feels long when I am in it, but I know I will look back and wish it was back again...especially when my boys are at school and growing so fast.
What people have told me all along is true! Life with two kiddos is not twice as busy/crazy/hard, it is more like five times! Just when Liam is crying or needing to be fed, Braden then wants me to play or wants a snack. He has been pretty patient for the most part, but there have been more tears over my lack of attention to him in the past few days. I try not to be hard on myself but sometimes I do feel like I can't fully be there for either of them. Liam wants to be held all the time and doesn't like to be alone. I want to play with Braden and give him one-on-one attention, but he doesn't get much of that these days fro me. BUT I am doing the best I can. I just wish there was more of me to go around (like all Moms). I wish I could attend to a crying baby and play cars with my toddler at the same time. I wish I wasn't on edge and feeling frazzled when I am tired and have a hungry baby and a toddler meltdown to deal with at the same time. I am with them alone 12 hours a day and going places and doing things is exhausting, but I enjoy getting out of the house so off we go anyway and by 1 or 2 o'clock each day I want to drop over. I teach classes at the YMCA to have one little outlet, something that I enjoy and love to do. It takes me an hour and a half to get everyone ready and out of the house just to get to class on time. I still want to do it though. I love that one hour that I get to inspire and motivate others while releasing some stress myself.

Don't get me wrong, life with two is amazing. These boys are my pride and joy. I am so blessed and thankful they are healthy and they are mine. They amaze me each and every day. Being a Mom is wonderful, but it is definitely hard work. Especially when they are just two years old and three months. Bottom line, they need mom for everything right now. So, for now if I seem frazzled, have an extra dark circle under my eye, or can't remember things- you probably know why. I may even order the second glass of wine when I have that rare night out, just because I need to relax. It's just the stage that I am in right now. It sure is "interesting" for lack of a better word...but these cuties are worth it and I am glad they want to be with me so much right now! Soon enough they will be telling me to "go away Mom". Yikes. Stay small for a while buddies, but just let me get some sleep so I can remember this current ride better. :)



No comments: