About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Imagination Nation

So the day has come. I have been waiting for this moment since Braden's birth. He is now into pretend play. This is by far my favorite! He stands behind the little plastic counter at the park and asks me "what would you like to order?" I say what do you have today? He says, "donuts". I politely order the ones with sprinkles and he gives me my imaginary donut, takes my imaginary money and says, "thank you have a nice day." This melts my heart. I am REALLY good at toddler imaginary play and I can't wait to do it more. Now when we are in the car he even asks, "Mom, I'd like to order." So even though we don't have the little plastic counter in front of us, he still wants to play. I give him options from cheeseburgers, hot dogs to hot chocolate and donuts. What he orders depends on the day. It is a lot of fun to watch Braden grow and learn about the world. He is really able to hold conversations and understand everything I say. It is so much fun.

Mister Liam is growing in leaps and bounds too. He is such a smiley, expressive and STRONG boy. He kicks and talks loud. He grabs onto things. He dances in the bath and splashes around. He still is not sleeping so good at night, but what can you do. I keep telling myself he is only 12 weeks and I had it too good with Braden. We will hopefully get to a good sleeping place SOON. Please, oh please I ask. :) We had a really busy week this week- the Eagan community center for some gym time, a trip to MPLS to visit Joe and meet his co-workers, trips to the Y as I had to teach a few times, and I had an all-day training today where I had to take three cycle classes in one day. Needless to say, I am one tired Mama.

November is flying by. Thanksgiving is soon approaching. I hope you are all enjoying the pre-holiday time as it is soon going to get a little crazy!

No comments: