About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Girls Outing - 2010



I blogged about our vacation, but I neglected to write about a girls' outing that I had the very last weekend of July. I have dinner once a month with a small group of ladies who are married to Joe's friends from St. Olaf. I call this group the "St. Olaf Ladies." :) (not to be confused w/ my own college roommates who I go on a yearly outing with.)

Instead of a dinner for the month of July, I threw out the idea of doing an overnight. We landed on a date and I volunteered to arrange the plans. We hit Stillwater (my lovely hometown) for this 24 hour excursion since it's close and has everything we were looking to do.

We started at Just For Me Spa which I highly recommend. We arrived early to take advantage of the hot tub before our services started. I had an amazing one hour massage and the other ladies had a small facial and massage. We then all met up in the pedicure room and picked out colors for our newly polished toes. After the spa, we went to lunch at Nacho Mamas and sat out on the patio. The Mexican food and beer hit the spot. We then did some shopping, hit a wine bar and then checked into our hotel. We got ready and headed back downtown for a stroll along the river and then dinner at The Kitchen, followed by drinks at the Mad Capper to end the night.

What a great little getaway it was. I am so lucky to have these ladies in my life. We all returned as refreshed moms and we can't wait to do it again!

No comments: