About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hammond Family Vacation 1.0





I am calling our trip "1.0" because we hope it is the first of many!

Last week we headed up to Rhinelander, WI for a week with Joe's family. We stayed at Brekke's Fireside resort. We were not sure what to expect from this resort in the north woods of Wisconsin, but once we arrived and checked it out it seemed to have everything we were looking for.

We had three cabins to split among the 13 of us. Joe, Braden and I had the smallest cabin so we had one to ourselves. This ended up being nice because Braden still naps so we didn't have to worry about anyone having to keep quiet, and he also for some reason was waking up a couple times a night so we didn't have to worry about waking everyone up.

The highlights of our week vacation were:

1. We all took turns making a dinner so you only had to cook once (and everyone made delicious meals.)
2. The lake was great- not overly big or small, great swimming, no weeds, not too cold or too hot, not crowded at all, and a nice 5 mile jog around it (I did that once).
3. You had your choice of anything to do beach side- float on a raft, swim to the swim dock, lay on the cozy chairs and soak up the sun, fish, sit in the hammock, build sandcastles, play bean bags, kayak, paddle boat and the list goes on.
4. The people were so nice- both the owners and the other resort attendees who all go to Brekke's every single year that same week (we were the only rookies)
5. If you wanted a break from the beach you could play tennis, volleyball, shuffleboard, teatherball - or you could golf or go into one of the nearby towns.
6. I got to teach a Bootcamp class twice during the week and got many family members to partake- it was a blast! (the third day of class we got rained out- boo hoo!)
7. I loved seeing Braden explore the outdoors, become even more comfortable and active in the water and try all these new foods and point to every single new thing he saw.
8. There was a bar on sight that opened up at 8:00 each night so we had many ping pong games, songs on the jukebox, Frogger and pinball.
9. We rented a pontoon one night for a two hour cruise for Cooper's Birthday.
10. I am sure I am missing something- but it was very relaxing, the weather was nice and it was nice to spend the week with the Hammonds because we don't all get together very often!
11. Oh, we went to town one day and I got to go to a winery and taste delicious wine made in Three Lakes, WI. Who knew?!?! :)


The only one negative thing were the nasty misquitos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now it's back to reality, oh how I love vacations!!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

that sounds like an AWESOME vacation! i need somebody in my life that makes me do bootcamp on vacation. how awesome!