About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Walker Texas Ranger...or something like that.



As you can see from the video above, Braden is fine tuning his walking skills every day now but he is a bit camera shy.

He took his first series of steps around the 21 or 22nd of October, but since then he has been pretty timid or scared of walking. This week however, he has gained confidence and his walking has increased a ton! I have been empowering him to walk places like out to the car, to his high chair, to get a toy, etc... We talk about it a lot too- how big boys walk, so I think he feels better about it. I am not trying to push him but just make him feel more secure in practicing and teaching him that it's ok to fall. I think he has preferred crawling because he knows he's good, fast and there's no falling involved. But the more he walks the less falling there is so he is trying it more and more. Today he walked from our front step all the way to the neighbors front step, which is I don't know like 20-30 feet or so.

I have been trying to take video of his zombie walk, but when he sees the camera of course he won't do it. This is the best I could do. He's getting so good that he can now walk and hold a toy in his hand or his mouth. Go Braden go! :) I love seeing his big smile after he walks. He is proud and so are Mom and Dad!

No comments: