About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Friday, September 25, 2009

Welcome Braden John Hammond





Little did I know that when I went to bed on Monday night that it would be my last night before the journey of motherhood began. I woke up at 1:00 am with what I thought was my water breaking, stayed at home and talked to the nurse line for a few hours until contractions got closer (ouch) and that we were sure it was my water. We began the drive to the hospital around 6:30 a.m. They confirmed my water broke and my contractions were just a couple to few minutes apart.
By 10 a.m. I got the epidural put in - thank goodness. I was having back labor that was pretty excruciating. After the epidural began, Joe and I watched episodes of The Office and hung out while I progressed. It took a little while to get fully dilated and then they had me on oxygen since baby's heartrate wasn't fluctuating as much as it should. By about 5:45 I was ready to push. At 6:36 our bundle of joy joined our family. We were so excited to meet him. Joe announced the gender and happily yelled, "we have a son - it's a boy!!!"
It has been a exhilarating couple of days. We love and adore Braden. He sleeps all day and has some issues sleeping at night. Hopefully that will get better! We are functioning on just a few hours of sleep a night, it's amazing what you can do when in the situation.
Braden has had lots of visitors, now Grandma and Grandpa Hammond are in town for the weekend!
Thanks for all the nice thoughts and wishes and Braden can't wait to meet everyone. He is truly precious!

No comments: