About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Liam - One Month





I have done a monthly recap for Braden every month since he has been born, and I planned to do the same for Liam. Well, his first month milestone has come and gone! Yikes. No excuses! It could be that it happened to fall on Braden's birthday and I was busy (and then we were out of town), or you could say that you just can't keep up with all the updates as fast with the youngest child. Note- I did say YOUNGEST child..explanation to come in another future post! :) Going forward, I am going to have to do both monthly updates for Braden and Liam on the same day since they were both born on the 22nd. That is a good goal to have, but I am going to be honest with myself - for the unforeseeable future this busy momma will probably have to post them on separate days.

What is Liam up to at one month? Well, he is smiling (as you can see in the picture)! How can you not love that smile? Liam came into this world looking just like his big brother did as a newborn. This also remains to be true at one month. He is losing his nice black hair, just like Braden did (starting at the top so he will be another George Costanza until it all falls out- ha). He is starting to put on some pounds- the little double chin is slowly setting in. Liam is a STRONG boy. He pushes up with his legs, he holds his head up and whips it around. He busts out of his swaddle like a wiggly worm. He is a bit finicky in the sleep department- needs a bit more soothing, relies on his pacifier and if I don't have him sleeping before the fussing begins then it's a LONG road of crying and awake time! So, I am learning what his needs are and trying my best to adapt to them, all while being able to keep up with a 2 year old! It sure is interesting some days, but all is good. I have a new level of multii-tasking now that is for sure! One day, I was pushing the giant Target shopping cart, feeding Liam a bottle, and rounding up Braden from the toy aisle. Wow, aren't you all envious of my multi-tasking? ha!

Mr. Liam eats pretty good- downs about 4 to 5 ounces every 3 to 4 hours. He is famous for falling asleep for 5 or 10 minutes and then waking up again, to start the process all over again. I am hoping as he grows he will be a better sleeper for mom, but some days are really good so we'll take the bad with the good. I think he is now just wanting to be more awake to soak in the sights of the world! He is curious and aware of his surroundings now. He doesn't want to miss out. He is a sweet little man nonetheless.

Liam took his first trip this past weekend to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Wisconsin. He was a champ on the road. Either looked around at the sights cruising past, or took a snooze. Of course at Grandma and Grandpa's he was in good hands- being rocked or held the entire time and barely made a peep! He also got to meet his Uncle Jason, Aunt Shelly and cousins Cooper and Reece for the first time so that was fun. He had lots of fun celebrating Braden's birthday last week too- a trip to Como Zoo, a ride on the trolley, and singing happy birthday. Ok, well maybe he slept through most of that stuff but I am sure he liked being there with us!

Liam already looks up to his big brother. Braden will lay down next to him and Liam will just look at him with wide eyes. It's quite adorable to watch! Liam loves taking baths- sits there nice and calmly when the warm water hits him. Big bro even helped helped bathe Liam this week (captured above).

So, one month down and we feel like Liam has been a part of our family for much longer than that! Looking forward to watching this little man grow and grow and comparing these monthly recaps and pictures down the road.

No comments: