About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Chicago x2

So I had my second annual ladies trip to Chicago last weekend. I spent three nights there, one in a hotel (with Heidi & Shancey) right behind Navy Pier and two nights in a condo (w/ Maggie) right behind the Sears tower. I had a wonderful weekend filled with relaxation, fun and exploring the Windy City all over again. Three days went super fast, but I filled it with all of my favorite things!

The highlights of my weekend include: good conversations w/ wonderful friends, walking along Michigan Avenue, awesome dinners, wine tasting, a workout by the water, Zumba in the park, a 90 minute heavenly massage, seeing a friend who just had a baby, taking the L (officially: Elevated train) on my own and doing a little exploring, relaxing on a rooftop pool, dancing, getting dressed up and ready to hit the town & a little shopping.

It was so fun to have some time with my ladies to catch up and enjoy each other's company for the weekend with no distractions. I sometimes forget what it's like to make decisions for myself- what I want to eat, where I want to go, etc... so it was really nice to have some "me" time and not have to worry about getting anyone else fed and ready for the day. It was also nice to have three consecutive days off work. June was an extremely busy month for me. I think I taught like 25 classes in 30 days. I was ready to end the month with a little mental (and physical, ha) break! I came home refreshed and ready to tackle everyday life w/ the boys and planning and executing workouts again!

Sounds like Joe and the boys stayed busy and got a little dose of what it's like when Mom is gone, he he. He did a great job while I was gone and the boys were in good hands. Here are some pics to share!


 Heidi and I along the Chicago river (night before the Stanley Cup parade)
 View from a morning run
 Wine tasting w/ wonderful friends- Heidi & Maggie
 Maggie & I (post Zumba workout in Millenium Park)
 Rooftop patio view from the condo we stayed in
Ladies Hitting the Town (Kristen, Maggie, Me)

No comments: