About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

February Pinterest Picks

Here are my top Pinterest picks from last month (can you tell I was into appetizers this month?):

1. Baked Southwest Egg Rolls:

In a bowl mix: black beans, corn, cilantro (tiny bit finely chopped), 2 tbs sr. cream, 1 tsp of taco seasoning. Shredded chicken optional. Take spoonful of mixture and put on corner of the egg roll paper. Add a sprinkle of coleslaw salad mix (plain), roll up with sides tucked in, dab with water to close the roll. Spray or coat with olive oil. Bake for 10-12 mins at 375. I flip the rolls after 5-6 mins. Serve with Salsa.


2. Mozzarella Sticks:
Use egg roll wrapper (just like above). Wrap a string cheese inside of it. Coat with olive oil or egg whites. Bake for 10-15 minutes, flipping over after half-way done.  Serve with pizza or pasta sauce.
Pinned Image

3. Carpet Stain Remover
1. Scrape up the liquid (I had already done this weeks ago).
2. Sprinkle baking soda or cornstarch on stain to let absorb for 10 minutes and then vacuum.
3. Mix one tablespoon clear dish washing liquid and one tablespoon white vinegar with two cups of warm water.
4. Using a white cloth (I strongly believe in microfiber washcloths), sponge the stain with the detergent/vinegar solution and blot until all the liquid is absorbed.
5. Sponge off with cold water and blot dry.




**These pictures were pulled from Pinterest, so it isn't actually my carpet. But the few stains that I tried this one did actually come out or really lighten up so you barely notice them!

No comments: