About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Liam Jude: 1 year + 1 month


 
Yep, still a bit behind in blogging.

On Braden's third birthday, our littlest dude, Liam Jude (ha that rhymes) turned 13 months! Liam Jude is growing so darn fast. I lay him down in his crib and realize how much room he takes up compared to the first few days home from the hospital. Liam is our smiley guy. He is also full of emotion. If he is frustrated, he will scream or cry. If he is hungry or tired, he still will let us know. If I am in the kitchen just making dinner, he will express his hunger until I pick him up and get him in his highchair. I like a man that knows what he wants! If we are shopping, he will spot something in the cart that he wants and will cry until he gets it. It seems like I have this guy's needs figured out, but when he doesn't say more than a handful of words it sometimes takes a little bit to pinpoint what he may be expressing. Most of the time, I can narrow it down pretty fast though.

Liam is our risk taker. He turns around in the shopping cart at Target (even when strapped in) and stands up and bounces. He will climb, pull things down, and go down slides head first. He can take about seven steps on his own, but is still not comfortable walking. He runs with his push toy and chases his brother around. I know he is waiting until he can run before he starts walking 100%. Then I am BIG trouble. Braden did this exact same thing, they wait until they are perfectionists at walking. Wierd, wonder where they get that from (eh, Dad).

I feel so bad for Liam. In the past month, he has had an ear infection, a horrible allergic reaction to Amoxicillin, a cold and now the stomach flu. He is such a trooper. He may be the only one-year-old that gets sick to his stomach, then smiles at me. He also loves his Momma. Today he screamed for twenty minutes when I left the house, and then cried more when I wouldn't pick him up and hold him while I was making dinner. If he can see me, he wants to be close to me. I can't go upstairs where I am out of sight or he freaks out. I can't take a shower where there's a door seperating us, or he will get very upset and can't calm down. I am not sure if this is a stage, or perhaps he will always be a Mommy's little boy. Sometimes it's stressful, but I have to appreciate his love for me.

Liam is learning more and more each day. He has so much fun at the zoo and shakes when he sees the animals and laughs. He loves being outside- he chases bugs and looks for birds. He can hold his own too. If Braden takes his toy away, he will smack him or pull it back. Liam is a lot of fun, he belly laughs when I chase him around the house. He loves balls, cars and he goes right to the big boy toys now- playing trains, putting cars down ramps- as he's been watching big brother do that for months!

Liam is our spunky little guy. He has lighter brownish-blonde hair. Braden at this age was bald, and Liam has a decent amount of hair with some little whisps sticking up on top. It's fun to see him getting his own look the older he gets. Here's hoping Liam doesn't have to experience anymore sickness in 2012. He is full of life, energy, spunk and we can't get enough of that smile and belly laugh!

No comments: