About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

It's the little things...


New running shoes make me very happy. My feet feel so cushioned, so fast and so comfortable. I feel like I am floating when I hit the pavement. Because of my high arches, I need extra support in my running shoes so I  get the same brand every time. The nice part is I can order online since I know what I need. The bad part is they happen to be pretty spendy (of course). I can usually find older models that are less expensive, but this year I had to splurge and get some fun colors. Afterall, I am partaking in some races and need to feel and look "fast". Ha.

Besides the obvious like family, friends, etc...some other things that make me happy are: chai tea in the morning, getting my haircut, the pitter patter of little feet down the hallway, my boys' smiles, baby feet, McDonald's cones, a good workout, going out of the way to help someone out or make their day, when my US Weekly arrives in the mail (yes, lame I know), taking a jog to explore a new city, a good song on the radio, a clean house, a made bed, Gerber daisies, butterflies and cardinals, boat rides on my Dad's pontoon, date night, a glass of wine out to dinner, a hug from my hubby when he gets home from work, pumpkin spice lattes (speaking of this, fall season is approaching), and the list goes on. What little things make you happy? It's always fun to learn what little things make someone happy. Sometimes life gets heavy and stressful and we need to take a step back and look at the little things that make us happy and get our fill of them.

No comments: