About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Irish Eyes Smiled - March 17, 2012







O'whatta fun St. Patty's Day we had! It started out with a 7K race downtown Minneapolis along the great Mississippi. Our boys stayed home dressed in green, and played with Cousin Cathi who decked them out in hats, ties and even sparkly leprechaun shoes. They even went on a hunt for gold coins. I am sure they didn't even realize we were gone they had so much fun. Meanwhile, my hubby, my sister, my sis-in-law and her boyfriend braved the running crowd downtown Minneapolis- close to 10,000 runners I think joined us?! Some of the highlights were: I ran my personal best time, although Joe still beat me. Shawn did awesome and all of her training paid off. Jess and Adam, well they are natural runners and make it look so easy. After the five us got done with the run, we headed to the Local for our first St. Patty's Day brew. So many people were decked out in costumes, and the weather was in the mid-70s so we were all in t-shirts and shorts. What a great way to start the day!

Then, that night Jess was nice to come out this way to hang out with the little lads while Joe and I joined some friends downtown St. Paul for some Irish cheer. (Two babysitters in one day, that is unheard of! Lucky us!) It was my first St. Patty's Day out in years, and what fun we had. Can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: