About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Any-Time-of-Year Salad



I am trying to step up my fitness and eating regimine right now, experimenting with new recipes so I can get in my daily allotment of veggies, fruits and proteins. I found this recipe on Pinterest (gee, imagine that) and have had it for lunch every day this week. It is great! I often add different veggies in there- cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados. I also use turkey bacon and haven't even added chicken in yet due to lack of time. I just swapped out the romaine lettuce for dried coleslaw- to get my cabbage in and it's still just as good. It's a must try! I had to pass it along.

Ingredients
*6 to 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
*2 medium pears, chopped
*1 cup dried cranberries
*1 cup chopped pecans
*8 slices thick-cut bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
*4 to 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
*Poppy seed Salad Dressing (I like T. Marzetti)
*Balsamic Vinaigrette (I like Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinaigrette)

Instructions
*On a large platter, combine the lettuce, pears, cranberries, pecans, bacon and feta cheese. Drizzle generously with poppy seed dressing, followed by some of the balsamic vinaigrette. (I would estimate that I used about a cup of dressing: 70 percent poppy seed dressing and 30 percent balsamic vinaigrette) If you prefer your salad to have more dressing, feel free to experiment with the combination.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Melissa D said...

BTW - I tried making this salad, and it was wonderful. Thanks for sharing the recipe!