About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Boys will be boys!


As you can see from the pics above, when son #2 sleeps in funny positions, son #1 wants to join him. When Liam does tummy time, Braden does it too. Braden and Liam seem to be the best of friends already!

It has been 4 weeks since Liam was born. We are adjusting to life as a family of four (I think anyway). The biggest challenge lately, seems to be getting out of the house at a decent time in the morning - having everyone fed, changed, clothed. I start the process at 7:30 and some days it's 10:00 before I am all ready to go somewhere. Yikes. I am used to getting ready fast and getting out the door easily! Two days last week I was out of the house by 9:00- a big win for me. So, here's hoping that soon there will be less bottles and less diapers to help me get out of the house a little bit easier. The other challenge is Liam's sleep habits. He is now fighting sleep- or wanting to be awake for longer and then being overtired and it's hard to settle him down. He has learned to use his lungs that's for sure. Screaming fits are more regular now, and so is creative soothing processes like setting the car seat on the dryer or rocking the car seat back and forth to get him to fall asleep. He seems to be a guy that likes to sleep when there's motion, needs his paci and he hates being swaddled...so, clearly he has an opinion at such an early age. Only time will tell if his opinions grow stronger as he ages!

Braden is doing really well as a big brother. He asks where his brother is if he doesn't see him right away. He helps feed him bottles, and he even held his brother's hand one day on a stroller ride when we couldn't get him to stop crying. He also helps to put his pacifier in when I have my hands tied and can't get to it right that minute. I am going to relish this because who knows when the fighting and competing will begin- ha!

We have been keeping somewhat busy, but having enough down time as well. We started ECFE last week, I am taking a spinning test this Friday so I have been studying a bit, and I will resume teaching classes in two weeks and am very excited about that. We have been enjoying days where the weather was nice- getting out for walks and visits to the park. Next up is Braden's birthday, this Thursday. We have about 4 days of fun planned for him (just kindof happened that way, not intentionally), so the next post will be birthday dedicated!

I am proud of my boys!

No comments: