About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Braden's New Love: Yoga


 Downward dog- while holding a baseball bat.
Not sure what pose this is, but it involves holding a bulldozer.


The family that namaste's together, stays together!

I did a little yoga the other day and Braden wanted to join me. So, I pulled out another mat and put them side-by-side. As I flowed through various yoga poses, he did his own toddler version: poses WHILE holding a baseball bat and a construction truck. Now that is what I call talented! He ran around that day saying "yoga" and would suddenly go into a downward dog. His version of downward dog consists of putting all his body weight right onto his head instead of his arms. Hilarious.

Needless to say, I had no idea that I could share my love of yoga with my 20 month old son. Although I think it's funny, I do hope this opens the doors to more "fitness" time together as a family (since it is one of my greatest passions). We already have a good fitness basis I would say. We take jogs and bike rides and Braden rides along.  We go to the YMCA swimming and to shoot hoops together, not to mention when Braden comes with while I teach classes and he goes to the daycare- so he sees people working out a few times a week. Plus, Joe has exposed him to an abundance of sports already. So, you may be wondering how much more acttive can a family get? :) What I mean is: I look forward to a family lifestyle where we can enjoy activities together such as golf, swimming, canoeing, hiking, biking, etc.... I am all about having relaxing time, but I also like to be active and enjoy the outdoors. I am not sure we'd be a family that would run a 5k together or anything, but I think building memories together while staying healthy and active is important. Plus, it's also fun!

I thought I'd have to wait a lot longer for Braden to be able to partake in any activities with me, so I am happy that he has a love for yoga. What's next- maybe some kickboxing moves?!?

No comments: