About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

End of Summer Fun - Labor Day Weekend







With the approach of Labor Day looming last week, I got this motivation to squeeze in every ounce of summer fun while I still could.

Thursday I bought corn on the cobb so I could have Braden try it before it goes out of season. Low and behold, not only did he eat the kernels that I cut off, but when I gave him the cobb to try he was able to nibble off some kernels with just his two bottom teeth! I put the cobb down on my plate and of course he pointed and wanted it again. Oh what fun. Now we are on to nibbling nectarines and plums. :)

Friday came, and I decided to brave the MN State Fair with Braden and his stroller in tow. It was freezing (like 50 and windy), but I was determined to show him the lights on the midway and animals in the barn. Why would I do such a crazy thing? Well, because that's the kind of Mom I am - FUN. :) Aunt Jess even met us for a while since she was working out there. Even though we spent only about 2.5 short hours at the fair (after the time it took me to drive in morning rush hour traffic and fight the fair parking crowd), it was a ton of fun because Braden loved seeing all these new things at the fair. He pointed, and said more "ooohhhhhs" than I thought ever possible. He got to try his first corn dog and a bite of a Sweet Martha's cookie. His favorite thing? The Midway: loud screaming, music and rides up in the air, and of course sitting on the Bobcat and four wheeler as you can see by the pictures above.

On Saturday, we then headed to our friends' cabin. We didn't really go out on the water because it was a little chilly, but we still had fun. Braden got to take a nice stroll while pushing a red wagon. He also was surrounded by people that played with him and entertained him. He "oohed" and "ahhhed" at everything inside and outside the cabin. His favorite thing? Probably sitting on the snowmobile or pushing the wagon of course.

For some reason, with all of these activities in this post I have noticed how big my little boy is getting. I guess I know my baby boy is growing up when he can:
1. Eat corn on the cob- even with just two bottom teeth!
2. Sits in a Bobcat nice and still like he understands what it's for
3. He practically runs while pushing a wagon. This little body doesn't even look right in an upright position walking- he seems too little! BUT, I am realizing that everyone is right when they say the famous "it goes so fast." I was so sick of hearing that phrase, but indeed it is true. I am so proud of my big boy and all of the things he can do now!

1 comment:

IrishMommy said...

ooooooowwwwwwwwwwwhhhhh.... cutest kid on earth!