About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy (Belated) Independence Day!

Dad teaching Braden to swim. I think he likes it. :)
Braden in his red, white and blue on the Fourth of July, just hanging on the lawn.
We have a waver!

We hope everyone had a Happy Independence Day or Fourth of July! We had a really nice weekend. Joe traveled last week Mon-Wed night so it was really nice to have him home Thurs-Monday (he took vacation days on Thursday and Friday)!! Our weekend consisted of swimming, a Forth of July parade, music at the park, lots of family giggle time, a day at the lake, friends on the patio and the list goes on.
Were there any firsts for Braden this weekend? Well he wasn't up for fireworks but he enjoyed his first parade. He liked all the people waving to him, the fire truck and the bands. He did not like the tuba player that blew his tuba very close to him though, he crawled up into my lap and started to cry a bit. We even saw Sunshine and O'Neal from the Biggest Loser- they were the Grand Marshalls of the parade. It was a humid weekend but we enjoyed spending it together.
Braden is showing his own independence now. He is waving, clapping and yes- even kicking and splashing in the pool. Soon enough he will be a swimming man.
We hope you all had a safe and fun holiday weekend with your families and friends! Now back to reality tomorrow, ugggg...

No comments: