About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Weekend - Party Hopping!

Braden wearing a life jacket for the first time, doesn't look too comfy but he didn't mind!
Braden and Mom- getting ready for Braden's first boat ride.
Braden crawling around Bapa Sullivan & Pama's lake home.
Braden and Dad hanging on the dock in the early morning, admiring the wildlife.

Sorry I haven't updated the blog in a week- there has been lots of summer fun to be had! I took a ton of pictures, so expect a few posts this week to catch you up on what we've been up to!

For the holiday weekend we were pretty busy. Friday night we had a little picnic at Centennial Lakes for dinner. Then Saturday we headed up to Angie and Todd's house (Joe's sister/bro-in-law, my sis-in-law and bro-in-law) for their annual Memorial Day BBQ party. Braden enjoyed meeting new people and seeing the dogs. On Sunday morning we took a family jog and hit the park for a few minutes so Braden could have some fun. Then we headed up to my Dad's place in Turtle Lake, WI. It was fun to show Braden a cabin-type life for the first time. Cousins Ava, Levi and Mitchell were there to play as well. Monday we headed over to friends David and Brenda's cabin in Balsam Lake. There we took a nice boat ride, Braden's very first, and enjoyed the sunshine and beautiful scenery. We got back on Monday evening- everyone was tired out.

Braden did great as a traveling man. Everyone said what a laid-back and happy baby he is, and we definitely have to agree with that. He didn't fuss at all despite the fact that he woke up in a new location almost every nap! :) He did have some trouble sleeping in a new location- new sounds, different crib, etc...but other than that, he enjoyed seeing all the new things, being stimulated in a different way, hanging out with family and meeting new people. We had a great, fun-filled weekend but it's also nice to return to our normal routine today.

I hope you all had a great Memorial weekend with your friends and families.

No comments: