About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Braden The Fish!

Braden and Mom - first swim!
Braden crawling around poolside.
Busy guy at the pool!
Braden and Dad swim time- can you tell this is self portrait?


Braden went swimming for the first time over the weekend. The pool in our townhome association opened on Friday so I took him on Friday afternoon. I was all prepared- sunscreen (check), swim shirt (check), swim hat (check), swim diaper (check), and swimming trunks (check). Oh, and some pool toys too! Joe then took him on Saturday morning, so he got to go two days in a row. It doesn't surprise me (knowing that Joe must have been a fish in a past life(, but Braden seems to really love the water. He didn't cry or even resist the water, he acted like he had been in a pool a hundred times! It probably helps that our pool is pretty warm though too. He did some kicking and some splashing. He hung onto the noodle while I zipped him around the shallow end. He also played with some rings that I brought with. The funniest part was that once in a while I would put him on the top step to just sit and splash around but he would immediately put his arms out for me to bring him back into the water. So, our little guy is a fish! I had a feeling he would be, considering Joe is one too. On all of our trips to the ocean, Joe spends hours (even by himself) flipping in the waves. At home we sometimes take Sunday night swims in the summer and I am always the one asking if we can leave because it's getting darker and cold. It is yet another "like father like son" moment- one of many more to come too! Here's to a fun-filled summer of lots of swim time!

1 comment:

Mrs. Soriano said...

You guys both look amazing!!