About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Monday, May 17, 2010

We're Back!

Cooling off in Charleston, S.C.
The view to the left on our balcony- towards north Myrtle Beach.
The view directly out from our 7th floor oceanfront room.
The Charleston bridge.
One of the many historic homes in Charleston, S.C.

We had a great time in Myrtle Beach, S.C. The weather was great- 80 to 85 and sunny each day. We had the perfect mix of sight seeing and relaxing. The beach was gorgeous as you can see by the pictures. Our room overlooked the ocean and the 60 plus miles of Myrtle Beach. Our hotel not only was on the beach, but it had pools, a lazy river, hot tubs and a pirate ship for kids to splash around on. We rented a car for a couple of days and headed down to Charleston and took in the historic town. The old homes built in the 1700s were amazing as you can see by the one I posted above. Charleston has so much character and history. We spent that day walking around and hitting as many things as we could: the waterfront park, the battery park (statues and fire arms from the war), the homes, market street shopping (like a nicer flea market), and trying a few restaurants. The city is on the water and it's just gorgeous. We didn't get to a plantation tour, but maybe next time. On the way back to M.B from Charleston, we decided to hit a few of the close by islands- Sullivan's Island (just because of it's name- ha) and Folly Beach. On the very last night we drove a little north of Myrtle Beach to explore and had to stop at Mike and Pat's Irish Pub because it's named after my two brothers. :) It was a great way to end our trip.

Joe's parents had a nice time with Braden and he did such a great job while we were gone. He stayed his smiley and happy self. I am so thankful to have such wonderful in-laws who love to spend time with Braden and help us out. Thank you!!! Even though it was hard to leave Braden for the first time, the time away was appreciated. I am not going to lie, the first day was hard for me - I regretted not doing an overnight or a weekend away instead of having my first time away be a five day trip. :) But after the first day, it got easier and easier and I appreciated the time to have with Joe, to be spontaneous and not have to be on a schedule and to relax and get good sleep. :) I think it was good for Braden to have someone else care for him for a few days too. I came home feeling refreshed and rested, and SOOOO excited to come in that door and see my smiley guy who is now doing an army crawl around the house!!!!

We recommend Myrtle Beach for both families or couples looking to get away to a fun-filled beach location with lots of things to do! We stayed at The Breakers Resort- www.breakers.com.

No comments: