About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My First Mother's Day On This Side

My first Mother's Day as a Mom was fabulous. I got a charm necklace with Braden's name and birthstone on it, I got breakfast made for me, I went for a jog, we had a picnic at Lake Nikomis, and Joe and I did the gardening out on the patio in the later afternoon. The only downfall is that I am sick- both Braden and I have colds. Not very good timing with going on vacation in just over two days. Boo! Here's a picture of my boys frolicking in the lake today!

On my jog this morning I did a lot of reflecting on how I am so lucky to get to experience this side of Mother's Day. Mother's Day has been hard for me in the past, as I miss my mom and all the memories come flooding back. But today I have a new perspective - a love that I never thought possible. In honor of that, I wrote a little something for Braden:

Ode to Braden on My First Mother's Day
The day you were born changed my life,
I can now add the role of Mom, just after Wife.

The past seven months have made me smile like no other,
I am so proud and honored to be your mother.

We laugh, we explore, we go places and play,
I am so lucky that with you, I get to spend each day.

I hope to to be as good of Mom as my own,
constantly making sure, to you, my love is shown.

You have taught me so much about a love I never knew,
A Mom's love is so amazing, I pinch myself to see if it's true.

I can't wait for all the memories of new,
Forever we are bonded- me and you.

First Mother's Day Together- Lake Nikomis, May 9, 2010.

1 comment:

Mrs. Soriano said...

That is a beautiful poem! Braden is lucky to have a wonderful mama like you :) Happy mother's day!