About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring Update

I am going to mix things up today and give you an update on our lives this spring. I figure you might get bored with the same old stories/pictures of little Braden boy! Or maybe not, but here it goes anyway! :)
What have we been up to this spring besides watch our baby boy grow and become this funny, smiley and wonderful infant?!?!? Well, Joe started his baseball coaching season a few weeks ago. He isn't doing 100% but he is at about 75% right now just so he can have time to see Braden, and I can teach my classes and maybe have a night out here and there. So far it's a good balance for everyone- although Joe probably would like to do more coaching but right now it's too hard to fit it all in! He also has begun what will be a busy travel schedule for the next few months- about 5-6 trips in 3 months. At least they are just 2-3 days at a time, but with a little person in your life traveling is hard on everyone. We seem to manage fine though. It would be completely different if I were working and traveling too.
I started a spring Kettlebell session for Bloomington Community Education and really enjoy it. I teach that on Mondays (for six weeks) and my normal kickboxing class on Wednesday evenings. I am subbing a bit too, so some weeks I have three classes. I really enjoy teaching fitness and hope that I am able to continue doing it for a long time! I also started to volunteer with my old high school youth group, Young Life (the Stillwater chapter). I am helping to put together the Communications for their annual golf fundraising event this summer. I look forward to getting involved in something I am passionate about and something that has shaped who I am today!
As a family some things we have coming up: Twins game this Thursday (we will take pics of Braden at the ball park), my first Mother's Day celebration (what a new perspective I will have this year). Then Joe and I are headed to Myrtle Beach, S.C for our anniversary for five days in May so expect a post or two about that (and leaving Braden for the first time). We also want to take Braden to the zoo sometime soon, maybe on a day Joe can take off so we can avoid the crowds.
I hope you are all enjoying the spring...summer is right around the corner!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Busy lives! FYI...I'm available on evenings other than Wednesday if you need me. You and Joe can plan a date night and I'll come hang out with the little man if you like. Just throwing it out there.

Irish Eyes said...

Good to know- I hate asking when I know others have busy social lives too! We will take you up on it this spring/summer- maybe a couple of times! :)