About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Work, work, work....

I usually don't write about work on my blog, but here is a sample of what I do at Target! I am hoping this can raise my VIP status in the Florida area. :)

New Target Hits the Spot
Format not a super store, but it will sell food

BY KEILANI BEST • FLORIDA TODAY • July 20, 2009

Target will open this week in West Melbourne's Hammock Landing shopping center, bringing a new layout concept and 135 jobs.

The store is only the third in Florida to feature the company's new format. It's not the Super Target in Viera and it's not the general merchandise stores in Melbourne, Titusville and Merritt Island, but more like a combination of the two styles.

"It's like a general merchandise store with an expanded food section," said spokeswoman Bridget Hammond. "In this type of store, you can go and get that box of Hamburger Helper, and you can go and get the hamburger."

The new concept features fresh produce, fresh meat and baked goods. It also will feature a Starbucks, eat-in café and pharmacy. But it offers a more limited selection of merchandise and food than SuperTarget and does not feature a deli or in-store bakery.

"You can't go and get the meat cut in front of you or the sushi," Hammond said. "But the new format offers guests selections of our most popular to-go items."

The 132,148-square-foot store will employ about 135 people, and according to Hammond, hiring is "pretty close" to being complete. There will be a soft opening Wednesday night so that workers can get a feel for their jobs and prepare for the grand opening Sunday.

1 comment:

Spartans Rule said...

Nice work Mrs. Hammond!