About Me

My photo
I am a Mom of two young lads, a fitness fanatic and wife to a die-hard Packers/Brewers fan. I worked in corporate america for 12 years. Now I am on a new adventure - raising my sons and working part-time in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I hope you stop by and read my updates- family, fitness, or life related!

Friday, January 2, 2009

College Roommates Christmas Gathering!





















I talked about traditions in my last post, so speaking of traditions - each year we have a college roommate Christmas party. We have done this for about 6 or 7 years now. For the past three years, Gina and Bernie have hosted as they have the most central location and they seem to have great space to fit us all.

This year there were 13 kids and 14 adults. Depending on who can make it- typically the kids outnumber the adults. It is pretty fun and pretty crazy watching all of the kids playing and running around the house. Usually after two or three hours there are a few meltdowns or fighting over toys, and that is usually a sign that it's time to head out soon. Joe and I are the only one kid-free, so we joke that each year this party will be the event that makes us realize maybe we are not ready for kids...that is our ongoing joke of course! It's fun to see all the kids get bigger and bigger each year- and see their little personalities develop.

In this picture it's just of the girls, obviously. It's too hard to round everyone else up! Tania's little girl Kennedy is the little one in the lower left hand corner of the picture- she is the one that made me laugh the most at the party..a little spit fire with an attitude, and dressed adorably - perhaps a spitting image of her Dads personality and her moms fashion sense? :)

I look forward to this tradition each year as well!!!!

No comments: