- Flew to Hagerstown, Maryland, then drove across the border to Chambersburg, Pennsylvania (my first time in either of those states).
- Stayed for three hours at the Chambersburg distribution center- in the middle of nowhere!
- Note: Scranton, Penn. (home of The Office is only an hour and a half away)
- Got back on the jet after three hours on land and headed to upstate New York.
- Checked into the hotel, and went to dinner in Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Drove to one distribution center in Amsterdam, NY and stayed a half day.
- Drove to another DC in Wilton, NY and stayed the afternoon.
- Got back on the jet and flew to Michigan.
- Went to dinner in Kalamazoo
- Spent one half day at the Kalamazoo, Mich. DC.
- Got back on the jet and flew to Illinois.
- Spend a half day at the Dekalb, Ill. DC.
- Flew home!!
In a nutshell - I got a glimpse of what a rockstar life would be like on the road- ok, not really. The only comparison there is I probably did get to see what it's like to be able to hit multiple states in a few quick days. It was tiring be on the go, but it was good to be able to see five our our buildings.
The highlight of the trip: Saratoga Springs, New York!!! Visit: http://www.saratoga.com/
For anyone interested in a new place to travel- check out Saratoga Springs. The picture above is one of the many bed and breakfasts they have in town. This is the cutest town- and is filled with tons of restaurants, shops, bars, spas, golf courses, and things to do! It's famous for it's horse track races in the summer- very old school like in the movie Pretty Woman. Many New York celebrities go to this city in the summer for a weekend getaway. Summer rates are spendy though- and rooms are hard to find. There is a spa state park with hot springs- and there are a ton of old hotels and other places to sight see and/or stay. It's right in the Adirondack Mountains and is very pretty. Close by is Lake George, and I believe Lake Placid is not too far away either...beautiful!!!